Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Full Gallop Wednesday!

Wow what a day...Jordan, our new great working student, and Summer, a good friend of mine who is helping me in Aiken, helped me compete 5 horses.  All of them tried very hard.  Nevaeh was doing her first training and it was a big course and she was fantastic and finished 5th, I am really excited about her.
Nevaeh on XC (Mark Walter Lehner Photo)

Four of the sale horses competed, Cirque, was 8th in only his second eventing start and jumped great.  O'Larry and Ligero both were in the novices and Larry was a good boy too, just adding a rail and a pinch of time.  Ligero, aka Chip, was amazing and finished 9th in his first time out this year and had a lot of admirers.
Smudge in Stadium (Mark Walter Lehner Photo)
The last sale horse was Molten Rock and he also tried super hard, but had a green time in show jumping but really tried hard, the results just dont show on the scoreboard.  I think this is a horse for the future though and I look forward to continuing to work with him.

The weather in Aiken tomorrow is supposed to be icky, I will keep my fingers crossed it won't be too bad as I am headed off to lessons with the big boys, Havasu and Tag, with Sally Cousins.

Talk to you soon,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment